tomee-users mailing list archives

From gollum <chiliconla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: REST service with JAAS auth trouble (TomEE+ 1.5.2)
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2013 14:25:39 GMT
Yes, the login property is set in the setenv.bat script:
set
CATALINA_OPTS=-Djava.security.auth.login.config=$CATALINA_BASE/conf/login.config

I've also looked through the mail-list archive that smithh032772 googled for
me, but there is nothing that I haven't read before.

To eliminate any misconfiguration in my webapp's web.xml, I test my TomEE
configuration against http://localhost:8080/manager now, but the behavior is
the same as with my webapp.

I can login using the UserDatabase:

tomcat-users.xml:
<tomcat-users>
  <role rolename="manager-gui"/>
  <user username="admin" password="admin" roles="manager-gui"/>
</tomcat-users>

server.xml:
<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm">
resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
</Realm>

But I cannot login with a JAAS realm:

groups.properties:
manager-gui=admin

users.properties:
admin=admin

Both JAAS realms defined in server.xml

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm"
appName="PropertiesLogin"

userClassNames="org.apache.openejb.core.security.AbstractSecurityService$User"

roleClassNames="org.apache.openejb.core.security.AbstractSecurityService$Group">
</Realm>

and

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm"
appName="PropertiesLogin"
  userClassNames="org.apache.openejb.core.security.jaas.UserPrincipal"
  roleClassNames="org.apache.openejb.core.security.jaas.GroupPrincipal">
</Realm>

don't work for me.