tomee-users mailing list archives

From wlad <vvo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Getting exception: "java.lang.LinkageError:" ... attempted duplicate class definition for name...
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 16:57:51 GMT
Hi,
You are totally correct (i myself didn't realize that at first). Actually
ant deploy task is not important. It is just here beacause build.xml was
build the way its content was copied from some other project that was
deploying its jars to tomee, so some ant tasks remained there (even they do
nothing).

In this example, actually tomee is not beeing used, only JPA API. So, client
can be run as Java Application.
The create-database ant task works fine (execute sql script), it does create
tables in previously created mysql database (db name: v7). And then
runClient task (TestClient class) should connect to database, persist,
update, remove entities from database, and list them.

It is my fault that i didn't realize that tomee is actually not used when
running client! I apologize on that, i'm still learning from these examples.