tomee-users mailing list archives

From tschuler <thomas.schu...@opentext.com>
Subject AW: IllegalAccessException - OraclePreparedStatementWrapper
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2013 06:21:47 GMT
Hi Romain!

Maybe a custom dictionary could help.
But regarding to OpenJPA documentation (http://ci.apache.org/projects/openjpa/trunk/docbook/manual/main.html)
chapter 4.4 (OracleDictionary Properties):

UseSetFormOfUseForUnicode: Prior to Oracle 10i, statements executed against unicode capable
columns (the NCHAR, NVARCHAR, NCLOB Oracle types) required special handling to be able to
store unicode values. Setting this property to true (the default) will cause OpenJPA to attempt
to detect when the column is one of these types, and if so, will attempt to correctly configure
the statement using the OraclePreparedStatement.setFormOfUse. For more details, see the Oracle
JDBC Programming with Unicode<http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14225/ch7progrunicode.htm#i1006858>.
Note that this can only work if OpenJPA is able to access the underlying OraclePreparedStatement
instance, which may not be possible when using some third-party datasources. If OpenJPA detects
that this is the case, a warning will be logged.

And that's exactly what happens here.
Is a TomEE datasource a "third-party datasource" as described within the documentation?

Best regards,
                Thomas

Von: Romain Manni-Bucau [via OpenEJB] [mailto:ml-node+s979440n4665497h17@n4.nabble.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 9. Oktober 2013 16:44
An: Thomas Schuler
Betreff: Re: IllegalAccessException - OraclePreparedStatementWrapper

Hi,

I think you need to set a custom dictionarry (inheriting from
oracledictionary) handling wrappers

*Romain Manni-Bucau*

http://openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/IllegalAccessException-OraclePreparedStatementWrapper-tp4665495p4665497.html
NAML<http://openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>