tomee-users mailing list archives

From Borislav Kapukaranov <b.kapukara...@gmail.com>
Subject openejb ignores web.xml when deploying archived app
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 09:45:39 GMT
Hello folks,

Since last I wrote you I had success in making openEjb run on Equinox and
got some examples up and running.
While testing I noticed that openEjb works fine when I deploy unarchived
web apps, but fails to identify the WebModule when the app is archived.
This is due to this piece of code in *
org.apache.openejb.config.DeploymentLoader* (line 1419):

if (!entry.isDirectory() && entryName.startsWith("WEB-INF/") &&
entryName.indexOf('/', "WEB-INF/".length()) > 0) {
    descriptors.put(entryName, new URL(jarURL, entry.getName()));
}

Here *entryName="WEB-INF/web.xml"* and *entryName.indexOf('/', "WEB-INF/"
.length())* returns -1, effectively ignoring the web.xml and not including
it in the descriptors collection.
Is this intentionally done? I'm new to openEjb so I could be missing
something fundamental.

I'm using beta-2.

In the unarchived case it works fine because the code just takes the
WEB-INF directory and adds all files under it that are not directories in
the collection.

Thanks,
Borislav