tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Neale Rudd" <ne...@metawerx.net>
Subject Unstarted applications not showing in Tomcat Manager
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 08:03:46 GMT
Hi Guys,

I notice on TomEE that when an application doesn't start, it doesn't appear
in Tomcat Manager like it would in standard Tomcat (as a "stopped"
application).

We have this issue with a number of apps we're trying to port over at the
moment.

In this case below, the problem is missing Hibernate classes.  The app
starts under Tomcat but TomEE seems to check it more strictly.

org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component
[StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/kc]]
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:152)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:812)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:787)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:607)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1055)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:978)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:472)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1329)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:311)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)

In Tomcat, as this app would appear in Tomcat Manager, in a stopped state,
we would add the required jar file then click Start to retry a startup.

Under TomEE however, we need to deploy it using the Deploy feature in the
manager, or restart the VM.

Is this expected behaviour?

Best Regards,
Neale