tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Neale Rudd" <ne...@metawerx.net>
Subject Missing web.xml file causes UnknownModuleTypeException
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 09:19:57 GMT
Hi Guys,

One of the apps we're trying on TomEE 1.0.0-beta-2 throws an UnknownModuleTypeException when
deploying, because it has no WEB-INF/web.xml file.

It's a simple static website (html, css, images).

The docs I've read seem to indicate that web.xml is optional, and it's definitely optional
on Tomcat 7.

Is this a difference with TomEE or a pending issue?

I found another mail on the list from 9-Oct-2011 and TOMEE-27 on Jira but it's marked as Fixed
for 1.0.0-beta-2.

Best Regards,
Neale Rudd
Metawerx Pty Ltd