tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Getting started question OpenEJB 3.0 beta 1
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 18:58:25 GMT
Hi Augustus,

On Oct 2, 2007, at 10:35 AM, Augustus Gingell wrote:

> This may be obvious but I have been pulling my hair out.
>
> Have unpacked beta1 and have started the server.
> Have built a simple 'hello' style ejb and deployed it.
> Have build a client app which tries to instance the bean.
>
> When trying to connect to the server using InitialContext:
>     Properties p = new Properties();
>     p.put("java.naming.factory.initial",
> "org.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
>     p.put("java.naming.provider.url", "127.0.0.1:4201");
>     p.put("java.naming.security.principal", user);
>     p.put("java.naming.security.credentials", password);
>
> It throws a:
> 	javax.naming.AuthenticationException: Error while communicating
> with server: ; nested exception is:
>         java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot open object input stream
> to server: ; nested exception is:
>         java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
> etc. at the getInitialContext line.
>
> In the openejb/logs/openejb.log file I get:
>
> 2007-10-02 16:43:52,674 - ERROR - "null ��/0.0" FAIL "Unexpected
> error - For input string: "t""

Based on the "null 0.0/0.0" string, which should be the protocol
version, it looks like you've got an old openejb-client jar in your
path.

A couple things to try:

   - Use org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory as the
factory.  We still support usage of
org.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory and it is just a
sublcass of the apache packaged version, but it should fail with
ClassNotFoundException if you only have the old client in your path.

   - In your client try printing out "java.class.path" and post it.
Maybe with some code like:
        System.out.println(System.getProperty("java.class.path"));

Let us know what you find.

-David