tomee-users mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB and Hibernate
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:54:37 GMT
On Oct 12, 2007, at 2:41 AM, Martin Vysny wrote:

> Hi guys,
>   I tried to use Hibernate in OpenEJB (our application unfortunately
> still does not use JPA - it uses Hibernate directly instead). However,
> it seems there is a version clash: OpenEJB requires ASM 2.2.3 while
> Hibernate 3.2.4 requires ASM 1.5.3 and they seem to be incompatible:

> Have you guys tried to use OpenEJB with Hibernate? Can you please
> provide me with some hints? Which one is harder: modify Hibernate
> to use 2.2.3 or OpenEJB to use 1.5.3? :-)

I wouldn't try to modify either; I'd repackage.  Most projects seem
to repackage asm to avoid such conflicts, and I'd guess they do it
because Hibernate is not repackaging :)

The ASM FAQ suggests (http://asm.objectweb.org/doc/faq.html) jarjar.
If you can figure out how to do this, that would be awesome.  We can
simply add the repackaged jar to our svn repository.

-dain