tomee-users mailing list archives

From Martin Vysny <...@whitestein.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB and Hibernate
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:28:14 GMT

On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 16:09 +0200, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> On 10/18/07, Martin Vysny <mvy@whitestein.com> wrote:
>
> > The project's not that unusual - simply we can't use JPA nor EJB3.0,
> > because our product will finally be deployed on WebSphere6.1 (without
> > EJB3.0 patches). OpenEJB is a great platform for development of J2EE
> > application - we are trying simply to get a rapid development of JEE
> > application on Eclipse. So, the only really interesting point is: how
> > one can integrate Hibernate (or JPA Hibernate aspect) with CMP on
> > OpenEJB.
>
> Where is Hibernate being used? Is it part of MDB or SLSB? Is BMP with
> Hibernate not an option as far as ejb2.1's concerned? Where would
> hibernate help openejb3 to mimic the target websphere 6.1 server?
>
> Jacek

Thanks for your concern! ;) Our legacy application is using Hibernate as
the persistence provider - JEE Entity Beans are not used at all. So we
had to embed Hibernate into our EAR and deploy it on target AS. BMP is a
valid option but we wanted CMP (descriptive transactions). So, if you
are building normal JEE application with entity beans or JPA you'll
probably never need to embed Hibernate.

Martin
PS: It's part of SLSB