tomee-users mailing list archives

From Martin Vysny <...@whitestein.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB and Hibernate
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:22:18 GMT

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 10:02 +0200, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> On 10/17/07, Martin Vysny <mvy@whitestein.com> wrote:
>
> > Sure, I'll try to prepare a sample project based on OpenEJB example
> > projects. It will take time though - please be patient ;)
>
> Just write some major points and we try to figure it out ourselves if
> you're swamped with other tasks. It's such an unsual example that only
> if I see this as an fully working application I'd be able to get the
> gist of it.
>
> Jacek

The project's not that unusual - simply we can't use JPA nor EJB3.0,
because our product will finally be deployed on WebSphere6.1 (without
EJB3.0 patches). OpenEJB is a great platform for development of J2EE
application - we are trying simply to get a rapid development of JEE
application on Eclipse. So, the only really interesting point is: how
one can integrate Hibernate (or JPA Hibernate aspect) with CMP on
OpenEJB. I can put up a small example of EJB2.1 application (a single
stateless bean and a mdb bean, plus a Hibernate bean) if you are
interested though.
Martin