tomee-users mailing list archives

From Martin Vysny <...@whitestein.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB and Hibernate
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:13:33 GMT

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 12:09 +0200, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> On 10/12/07, Martin Vysny <mvy@whitestein.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >   I tried to use Hibernate in OpenEJB (our application unfortunately
> > still does not use JPA - it uses Hibernate directly instead).
>
> Hi Marin,
>
> I think it wouldn't change much as far as the issue's concerned.
>
> >However,
> > it seems there is a version clash: OpenEJB requires ASM 2.2.3 while
> > Hibernate 3.2.4 requires ASM 1.5.3 and they seem to be incompatible:
>
> Could you describe how you use hibernate and openejb together. It's a
> standalone application that uses openejb embedded or...that's the
> missing puzzle to me to fully understand the scenario. If you could
> send the entire app here, it'd be even better (provided it's not a
> huge app).

Hi Jacek,
  thanks for reply ;) Well, we are moving our application to a JEE
environment. The application uses Hibernate (through the
org.hibernate.Session, not through JPA API) so I have to package
Hibernate along with the application (and make it to play well with JTA
and container-managed transactions). So, because of compatibility
reasons, it has to be Hibernate.

> > Have you guys tried to use OpenEJB with Hibernate?
>
> I'm not. OpenEJB 3 uses OpenJPA underneath and although it's
> technically possible to run with other JPA provider noone I heard of
> have tried it.
>
> > Can you please provide me with some hints? Which one is harder: modify Hibernate
> > to use 2.2.3 or OpenEJB to use 1.5.3? :-)
>
> I'd go for removing the older asm library in hibernate, but it's a
> shot in the dark that might not bring anything workable.

Yeah, that's probably the way to go. We'll try something and I'll post
here later.

--
Mgr. Martin Vysny | mvy@whitestein.com
Software Engineer