tomee-dev mailing list archives

From Roberto Cortez <radcor...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Regression in Arquillian tests
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2018 11:33:42 GMT
For the moment, I’ve created this main task to report issues found with the integration:
https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2407 <https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2407>

Report any issue you find as a subtask.

> On 20 Dec 2018, at 11:14, Bruno Baptista <brunobat@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> It makes sense to remove MP support from Plume and Plus while these issues are cleared.
>
> We should probably create a branch to fix those issues.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Bruno Baptista
> https://twitter.com/brunobat_
>

> On 20/12/18 10:44, Roberto Cortez wrote:
>> Hey Ivan,
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> What TomEE and the Geronimo implementation actually do is to expose all of these
endpoints in the application context path being deployed. So for instance if you have:

>> app.war, you get:
>>  - app/health
>>  - app/metrics
>>  - app/openapi
>>
>> movies.war, you get:
>>  - movies/health
>>  - movies/metrics
>>  - movies/openapi
>>
>> The issue here, is that these endpoints get deployed with any Web application. So
if you have a web app with simple Servlet, you also get these endpoints deployed with the
app. This causes issues if the Servlet is mapped to /*, because the REST service will override
the base context path. Again, to be able to expose the MP endpoints on the base app context
root.

>> I’m thinking that we may need to be more smart about this and not just blindly
expose or start MP behaviour without some additional checks. Things like:
(like @Metric that just need a CDI bean)
>>  - Don’t any Filters if (for JWT and OpenTracing) if these are not in use.
>>
>> These are just some that came to my mind, but probably there are other cases. I’ll
probably suggest to remove MP support for Plume and Plus and add the MP binary to TomEE TCK
tests, disabled but with the ability for us to run them, so we can start making adjustments.
There are also issues with EAR deployments and MP.

>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Roberto
>>
>>> On 20 Dec 2018, at 07:08, Ivan St. Ivanov <ivan.st.ivanov@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> TL; DR; the mentioned paths seem to be context roots, not subpaths.
>>>
>>> Let me chime in on the topic of MP spec paths.
>>>
>>>   - The Health check spec in Appendix A states that /health is a context
>>>   [path]. Which means that it is directly after the host, i.e.
>>>   http://localhost:8080/health
>>>   - The Metrics spec calls /metrics "base path" (not as specific as Health
>>>   check calling it *context path*)
>>>   - The Open API spec in its section 5.1 gives an example with /openapi
>>>   being a context path too
>>>
>>> I remember a discussion in the MP mailing lists a few months ago, where
>>> someone questioned the fact that MP specs should not be considered just for
>>> microservices, where you have one context only. But also in classical app
>>> server scenarios with multiple applications per server. In that sense, the
>>> person starting the discussion asked for application specific health and
>>> metrics endpoints rather then app server specific.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ivan

MP,

We may

cause seems to be
There is a config
approach. Maybe the
up

executing. I’m trying
<
which is causing

Method)

Method)

Method)

Method)

Method)

Method)

not running. I first thought

wrote:

> [...]
the command line

PM Roberto Cortez
wrote:

> [...]
now:
test-compile

but not on plume.
Roberto Cortez
The problem is that the build is
output. You have to go and
you see failing? I see a failure in
install:
11:18, Jonathan Gallimore <
wrote:
> [...]
module ordering, but I thought this ran

without tests, and then run `mvn

at 11:00 AM Roberto Cortez

look.

to figure issues out, since we were not able
in build bot.

just keeps getting stuck in CDI TCK and

2018, at 10:28, Jonathan Gallimore <
wrote:
> [...]
if this is being discussed on other threads,
issue with our arquillian tests failing.

bisect late last night, and it looks like it
addition of microprofile to the plume and plus
through my build output, but it looks like we

it looks like something in microprofile adds
seems to get priority over everything, so, for
servlet with a URL mapping of "/" I can't get to

to be another issue that prevents apps from
analysis and post further details, but also
toes, so if you're already looking at this,