tomee-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Louis Monteiro <jlmonte...@tomitribe.com>
Subject DISCUSS: openejb-javaagent - Java11: Unable to initialize agent with embedded-maven-plugin
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2018 09:48:41 GMT
Hi,

After looking at this ticket with Thomas and when reading Romain's
feedback, I'm wondering if we should discuss this or try to find a better
option for the user.

Long story short, the javaagent currently pre-loads the JPA entities and
forces the instrumentation in a different class loader (it can throw away)
so when TomEE needs the classes, they are already instrumented.

>From Romain's perspective, this brings more issues than it solves.
This is not my main area of expertise so I'm seeking for some thoughts to
understand.

Jean-Louis

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro