tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Roberto Benedetti <roberto.benede...@dedalus.eu>
Subject JASPIC and classloaders
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2020 11:49:13 GMT
Hello,
I'm developing a ServerAuthModule implementation to use a 3rd party identity provider with
our web applications. Tomcat version is 9.0.35.
The implementation depends on some libraries already packaged with the web applications.
To avoid conflicts I tried to configure server.loader in catalina.properties with a directory
containing the ServerAuthModule implementation and the dependencies, but it does not work
because classes are not found.
It seems that authenticators and JASPIC classes are loaded by the common classloader and not
the server (catalina) classloader.
Can anyone confirm this?
Is removing those dependencies from web applications and put them in ${tomcat.home}/lib, the
only solution?

Roberto