tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Milbaugh, Theodore K (Ted)" <ted.milba...@nationwide.com>
Subject Making PreResources configuration recurse directories
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2019 19:16:54 GMT
I am using Tomcat version 9.0.12

I have a PreResources tag in my context.xml like this:

  <Resources className="org.apache.catalina.webresources.StandardRoot">
      <PreResources
          className="org.apache.catalina.webresources.DirResourceSet"
          base="C:\\good_files\\goodies_in_here"
          internalPath="/"
          webAppMount="/"
      />
  </Resources>

This works great, in that if I access a JSP like this:

http://localhost:8080/candy/chocolate.jsp

I am able to access the JSP with no issues. However, there are subdirectories in C:\good_files\goodies_in_here.
If I try to access a JSP in a subdirectory:

http://localhost:8080/candy/crunchy/peanut_brittle.jsp

I get a 404, even though the file C:\good_files\goodies_in_here\crunchy\ peanut_brittle.jsp
exists. Do I have to create a PreResources tag for each subdirectory in my tree?