tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Victor WILLART <victor.will...@hei.yncrea.fr>
Subject RE: Web app not starting after removing/installing service.bat
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2019 14:50:13 GMT

________________________________
De : Christopher Schultz <chris@christopherschultz.net>
Envoyé : mardi 4 juin 2019 16:25
À : users@tomcat.apache.org
Objet : Re: Web app not starting after removing/installing service.bat

Victor,

On 6/4/19 09:21, Victor WILLART wrote:
> Hi, me again.
>
> By trying to fix a problem I made it worse. I removed the
> service.bat in ...\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\bin and
> installed it again following the commands. My service seems to work
> well after a reboot (can stop and start it at least) but my web app
> is not launching anymore.
Did you remove bin\service.bat or did you run it to remove the service?

What commands did you follow to "install it again"?

----------
I used in the command window:

cd C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\bin
service.bat remove

Here I changed my JAVA_HOME environnement from a JRE path to a JDK path in the environnement
variables from the System

service.bat install
----------

> I didn't change any other file between the moment my app was
> working and the moment it  wasn't anymore.
>

> Did I miss something in the process ? All the links/IP to the
> server must have remained the same right ?

Umm... probably?

Where is your web application on the disk?

- -chris

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps