tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Cleary <da...@progress.com>
Subject Tomcat hanging on shutdown post 9.0.13
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2019 18:02:50 GMT
We currently ship our AppServer on Tomcat 9.0.13. We like to update to a more recent version
when we ship a new release. However, Tomcat refuses to stop, on both Windows and Linux, when
we go past 9.0.13. I know that it has something to do with our main web application as Tomcat
does shut down when it isn't deployed. We also have Replaced Tomcat's Juli logger with Logback.
For some reason, the 9.0.21 version of this library has not been released.

I'm looking for suggestions on tracking this down. At shutdown, we see a number of logback
threads as well as some additional threads we create to watch resources through possible memory
leak exceptions. Anyways, I am looking for suggestions on tracking this down. I'm able to
attach to the process with Eclipse, but it hasn't helped point me at what the cause is.

Thanks
Dave