tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Karen Goh <karenwo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Does Tomcat server printout System.out.print infor?
Date Sun, 12 May 2019 02:39:42 GMT
Hello experts,

Currently, I am uploading a new .war file up to my hosting company.

However, I am puzzled how things work and would like to check what is the norm out there.

They are using httpd apache server and tomcat.

Basically, I have subscribed a private Tomcat server so I get an instance of Tomcat server
- 8.0.27.

But, the re-start of server is not in my control.

I would like to know if this is the normal environment in a web hosting company ?

Another thing is that, in my newly uploaded war file, I don't get to see any System.out.println
infor in my code, which I believe it should be printed out, as per my last log file indication
in the web hosting company.

What they told me is
"Only if there is system level operation. For example, unloading/reloading a war file would
have logged."

So, please help me know if it is not possible to see system.out.print infor as what I have
put in the code in my java class ?

Another thing is that I am going to put in the Tomcat Realm for the log-in module and I am
wondering where is the privacy since I do not have the full control over Tomcat in this web
hosting environment ?

Thanks & regards,
Karen