tomcat-users mailing list archives

From GERALD EICHELBERGER <GERALD.EICHELBER...@palmettogba.com>
Subject RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Windows Event Log
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2019 19:59:48 GMT
Thanks for the response. Can the server logs be setup this way or it is just for application
logs?

Is there any place I can go to learn how to do this?

Gerald

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2019 10:31 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Windows Event Log

 WARNING:This is an external email that originated outside of our email system. DO NOT CLICK
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know that the content is safe!

On 27/03/2019 13:24, GERALD EICHELBERGER wrote:
> Greetings, I am looking for assistance in determining if Apache Tomcat has the ability
to have its events/logs to output to the Windows Event Log.

Out of the box? No.

Configure logging to use log4j and then add Log4JNA and it looks to be
doable.

> This is now a requirement for my organization. If this is not available where can I go
to get documentation so that I can create a BRJ for this requirement?

BRJ?

> I am currently working with Tomcat version 7.0.93 in a Test and Production environment
on Windows Server 2012.

With Tomcat 7 you'll probably want to use log4j rather than log4j2 but
still with log4JNA.

Mark