tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Louis Zipes <Louis.Zi...@kdrp.com>
Subject maxActive and maxWaitMillis set to "-1" in Tomcat 8.5
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2019 20:42:35 GMT
Hi all,
I'm upgrading from 7.0.54 to 8.5 and I know that MaxActive and maxWaitMillis replace MaxActive
and MaxWait respectively but my third party vendor provided the old parameters as set to '-1'
when they packaged the application with 7.0.54.

My questions is what does '-1' mean for MaxActive and maxWaitMillis parameters?   Is it infinite?
 Is it dangerous to continue to use those values or should I do something like 200/10,000
respectively?

Thanks, Louis

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for intended addressee(s) only and may contain information
that is confidential, proprietary or exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender immediately. Unauthorized use or distribution is prohibited and
may be unlawful.