tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jerry Malcolm <techst...@malcolms.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Session Persistence Problems
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2019 20:56:41 GMT

> Jerry,
>
> On 4/10/19 23:56, Jerry Malcolm wrote:
>> The only thing I can come up with is that I'm using some
>> RewriteRules in httpd to map the complex url paths to single words
>> like "/product". (SEO advisor told me to do that...)
> Do you allow crawlers to crawl the authenticated parts of your
> application? If not, then you are wasting your time with all that.

Only a portion of the site is authenticated.  But whether or not it is
an SEO advantage, I use this to customize the precise URL for different
clients who use the same code on different domains. /product maps to a
slightly different URL for clientA on domain A installation vs for
clientB on domain B installation.  So without some signification
recoding, I need to keep using rewrites.

But whether the merits are there for doing rewrites, the only thing I am
concerned about is if doing rewrites is causing my sessions to mess up.
Hence my question about how the browser and TC decide what session key
to use for a particular url.