tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Garret Wilson <gar...@globalmentor.com>
Subject no temp directory creation wanted when embedding Tomcat
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2019 14:53:33 GMT
As I mentioned in other emails, I am embedding Tomcat 9 (with OpenJDK 11
on Windows 10) to serve static files from `/foo/bar`. Currently I'm not
supporting Java webapps. I'm not supporting JSP. I just want to serve
static files.

 From your help in another thread, I called the magic
"gets-but-really-creates-a-connection" method and got it working.

But now I realize Tomcat is creating this directory structur inside the
"base dir" I specified:

tomcat.8080/work/Tomcat/localhost/ROOT

I don't need this directory. I don't want this directory created. How do
I tell Tomcat not to create no danged directories?

Garret