tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Helena Carbajo <helenacarbajoolm...@gmail.com>
Subject Get startTime of coyoteRequest object from RequestFacade
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2019 13:35:17 GMT
Hi!
I'd like to get the startTime field of a request. The problem is that what
I get is a RequestFacade, which has the
org.apache.catalina.connector.Request object that holds the
org.apache.coyote.Request object. Yet, the catalina.connector.Request is a
protected field, and doesn't have a getter method either. I also tried to
create subclass from RequestFacade but still need the
org.apache.catalina.connector.Request for the constractor. So far, the only
solution I've found is using reflection:

        f = request.getClass().getDeclaredField("request");
        f.setAccessible(true);
        realRequest = (org.apache.catalina.connector.Request)
f.get(request);
        this.coyote_request = realRequest.getCoyoteRequest();
        return this.coyote_request.getStartTime();

However, I don't think this is a good practice, so is there any way to get
this field or to expose it?
Thank you!