tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James H. H. Lampert" <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Re: TLS protocols and cipher suites available under JSSE?
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2019 00:38:07 GMT
Thanks, Mr. Schultz.

I managed to find the IBM docs. At least some of the cipher suites the
customer is talking about are supported all the way back to their 7.0 JVM.

I've specified cipher suites by name in the connector, but I don't think
I've done protocols. "TLS," according to the IBM docs, "Enables TLS v1.0
protocol (defined in RFC 2246). Accepts TLSv1 hello encapsulated in an
SSLv2 format hello."

Sounds like I would need to enable TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2 explicitly. Would
I change the sslProtocol clause from
> sslProtocol="TLS"

> sslProtocol="TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2"
or even
> sslProtocol="TLSv1.2"

and specify acceptable cipher suites in the ciphers clause?

--
JHHL