tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How to add an header field to all requests unconditionally
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2019 10:07:12 GMT
On 13.03.2019 10:43, Thomas Meyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what would be the easiest way to uncoditionally add an header field to all requests coming
> from a given connector?

Add (or use your existing) front-end Apache httpd server, with the mod_headers module ?
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_headers.html

> I searched the provided Valves but there seems to be no support for my requirment.

You may want to look at :

http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/
(I have not checked for your use case, but it does do many things, so maybe that also)

(Note : the first suggestion above may look facetious and overkill.  But it often happens

that an initial simple requirement turns more complex and demanding over time, and one can

do so many additional things using an Apache httpd front-end, that you may want to
consider it anyway).