tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTPS Invalid character found in method name. HTTP method names must be tokens.
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2019 11:08:04 GMT
On 18/03/2019 10:49, Jan Vomlel wrote:
> Thank you Mark. I enabled the logger org.apache.coyote.http11.
>
> I cannot paste line
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11InputBuffer.parseRequestLine here,
> because it contains not printable characters and copy paste doesnot work.
>
> It seems like bug in tomcat or jdk.   ???

The client appears to be sending some unexpected binary data.

It could be something TLS related although I'd expect JSSE to just
handle that.

It could be part of a previous request but that would mean a
mis-behaving client.

Wireshark (or similar) should give us some more info.

Can you capture a Wireshark trace of a connection that fails like this
from the initial TCP handshake all the way to the point where it fails?
If you can put that somewhere we can get it and look at it we might see
something relevant. Note you can filter the data just for the one
connection. We shouldn't need anything else.

Thanks,

Mark