tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Rauch <a...@labkey.com>
Subject JspC ignores uriroot property as of Tomcat 9.0.14 / 8.5.37
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2019 19:50:42 GMT
Our build pre-compiles JSPs by invoking JspC following a pattern similar
to the JspC JavaDoc example configuration:
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/api/org/apache/jasper/JspC.html

Starting with 9.0.14 and 8.5.37, our build stopped pre-compiling JSPs;
JspC no longer converts a tree of *.jsp files into a tree of *_jsp.java
files. Reviewing the change list, it looks like "53737: Extend JspC, the
precompilation tool, to include support for resource JARs. (markt)" is
related. Commit 1846928 no longer respects the "uriroot" property (in
the pages.size() == 0 case):

svn diff -r 1846928
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_14/java/org/apache/jasper/JspC.java

Please let me know if I should open bugzilla issue or if this is an
intentional change in behavior.

Thanks,
Adam