tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gilles SCHLIENGER <gilles.schlien...@cncc.fr>
Subject RE: Default context.xml with parallel deployment
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2018 09:14:55 GMT
Thank you very much Mark for your answer.
I will look into the xml entities, I did not know about this feature.

I was wondering if a feature like having a "myapplication.xml.default" could be a good idea
to include in future Tomcat releases ?

Thanks again
Regards
Gilles

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
Envoyé : jeudi 8 novembre 2018 23:37
À : users@tomcat.apache.org
Objet : Re: Default context.xml with parallel deployment

On 08/11/2018 20:45, Gilles SCHLIENGER wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We are using Tomcat 9.0.8.
>
> We are using xml context files in  $CATALINA_BASE/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/ to store
the database connexion information.

> When using parallel deployment, I understand that you should use for specific context
xml files :
> - for myapplication##1.war : myapplication##1.xml
> - for myapplication##2.war : myapplication##2.xml
>
> We would like to have a default context xml file ONLY available for the « myapplication
» application but for all versions

> It seems we could use a file called « context.xml.default » but the properties would
be also available to other applications, which we don't want.

> Is there a way to have a context.xml file available to all versions of the same application
or any other way to do it ?

There isn't an explicit Tomcat feature that would do this.

Could you do something with XML entities? There is a description of them
here: https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Password in the context of
moving passwords to an external file.

Could you create myapplication.txt and then ship each app with a simple
context.xml file that included the above file?

Mark