tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dino Edwards <dino.edwa...@mydirectmail.net>
Subject tomcat redirects to http instead of https
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2018 16:24:40 GMT
Hello,

I have an interesting issue with Tomcat. If I click/or paste a HTTPS link in the browser to
an application served by Tomcat, it redirects to http instead of https. If I manually change
the http:// to https:// in the browser the application comes up with no problems. Obviously
it's not ideal, cause this application sends out emails with https addresses that end-users
are supposed to simply click and get to the application.

My current setup, I have Apache proxying to Tomcat 7 like this:

<VirtualHost *:443>
ProxyRequests Off

SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile .........cer
SSLCertificateKeyFile .......key
SSLCertificateChainFile ......cer
SSLProtocol -all +TLSv1.2
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>

ProxyPass /app http://localhost:8080/app
ProxyPassReverse /app http://localhost:8080/app
ProxyTimeout 3600

</VirtualHost>

This used to work with Tomcat 6, but obviously something has changed with Tomcat 7.

I would appreciate some assistance on this

Thanks