tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Saleem Haseeb <haseeb.sal...@afconsult.com>
Subject RE: tomcat and sqlite
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2018 08:12:33 GMT
HI Mark,
The jar file is in the application lib so yes, under WEB-INF/lib directory :)

Regards,
Haseeb

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
Sent: den 10 september 2018 10:08
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: tomcat and sqlite

On 10/09/18 08:38, Saleem Haseeb wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to use sqlite in a web application on tomcat version
> 8.0.41 The driver that I use to connect to sqlite from within the web
> application is
>
> <dependency>
>   <groupId>org.xerial</groupId>
>   <artifactId>sqlite-jdbc</artifactId>
>   <version>3.23.1</version>
> </dependency>
>
> I am using Linux to deploy the application and whenever there is a connection first made
to the database I get the driver .so files created as below:

> sqlite-3.23.1-71f96c59-5318-4b40-8505-8000876a12e7-libsqlitejdbc.so
> sqlite-3.23.1-71f96c59-5318-4b40-8505-8000876a12e7-libsqlitejdbc.so.lc
>
> in the contextDestroyed() hook I am trying to do something as
> following to deregister the driver on my classloader for the webapp
> like
>

> private void deregisterDrivers() {
>     Enumeration<Driver> drivers = DriverManager.getDrivers();
>     ClassLoader cl = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
>     while (drivers.hasMoreElements()) {
>         Driver driver = drivers.nextElement();
>         if (driver.getClass().getClassLoader() == cl) {
>             try {
>                 logger.info("Deregistering jdbc driver: {}", driver);
>                 DriverManager.deregisterDriver(driver);
>             } catch (SQLException e) {
>                 logger.info("Error deregistering driver {} due to {}", driver, e);
>             }
>         }
>     }
> }
>
> the above as pointed out in some questions at stackoverflow says is implementation dependent,
so I verified and found out that it does not delete those so and lck files.

> As a workaround, I then tried in the same contextDestroyed method, to delete the .so
and .so.lck files but then that creates files with the pattern .nfsyyyyyyy on my disk. These
files seem like the driver files and for some reason, if I try to delete those as part of
clean up, I get the message "Device is Busy" and the .nfs* files hang on the disk and also
don't get removed by the OS.

> I am struggling here to get rid of the drivers gracefully on application undeployment.
Any help is appreciated!

Where is the JDBC located? &CATALINA_BASE/lib, WEB-INF/lib, somewhere else?

Mark