tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alex O'Ree" <alexo...@apache.org>
Subject websocket endpoints not released
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2018 00:38:24 GMT
I ran into a strange issue today. Running tomcat 8.5 with a websocket
endpoint + some javascript to wire up a browser to the socket. All works as
normal, however sometimes if the user refreshes the browser, it seems as if
second web socket is opened by the browser. This leads to the user seeing
duplicate messages which can be confusing. I do have code on the page for
navigation links to close the socket but i'm thinking i haven't handled all
cases. My assumption was that a full browser reload would trigger any open
websockets to close, but apparently they don't (at least with chrome). Has
anyone else ran into a similar issue?