tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bill Harrelson <bill.harrel...@accordare.com>
Subject tomcat manager gui hangs on web-app reload for one web-app not others
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2018 20:14:23 GMT
Tomcat 8.0.14, Java 1.8.0_91. I've looked through StackOverflow and
searched the archives and can't figure this out. We've been running
tomcat, various versions for about 15 years, always using the
manager-gui to control hosts. We have one tomcat instance running 8
hosts, where the manager-gui works fine for all but one of them. I've
compared /conf/Catalina/WEBAPPname/manager.xml with others that are
working and they are identical. I've compared the directory name with
the name in server.xml and it's identical. Behavior - when I start the
manager-gui for that web-app, it logs in and starts fine. I can see
sessions, I can see Server Status, etc.  all seems to work, except: -
if I click on Reload or Stop, it just sits and spins and eventually
times out. Every other host manager gui gets an immediate tab name
update, then completes, changing the url. This one web-app does none of
that. When this happens there are no entries in the catalina log, the
tomcat stderror log, or the web-app access log I can't figure out where
to look next. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. It's a test server
and having to restart all of tomcat to change the test configuration is
slowing work way down. Bill