tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Connection refused: connect
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2018 15:06:16 GMT
On 21.09.2018 10:54, Karen Goh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am repeatedly getting the following exceptions and am stuck here like forever.
>
> Hope someone can tell me what's wrong with my tomcat server  version: 8.5.24 with Eclipse
>

> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
> 	at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
> 	at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.SocketTransportService$2.run(SocketTransportService.java:148)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> Tks.

Did you configure an access log for your Tomcat ?
If yes, can you look into it for the an access that would happen at the same time as the
error you show above ?

I am curious, rather than definitive here.
But the word "connect" looks suspiciously like the HTTP CONNECT method (see :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_tunnel), and maybe someone is just trying to use your
Tomcat server as a proxy to something.
If so, then someone or something is trying to hack your server, and your server is
(correctly) rejecting that call.