tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: HTTPD pass off delegation credentials to Apache Tomcat 8.5.23 for SSO Kerberos
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 11:57:26 GMT
On 18.09.2018 23:24, Thomas Delaney wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have recently configured Apache Tomcat on a SuSe Enterprise 12 SP3 server
> to get Kerberos SSO working with a web client application. I have also in
> addition configured Apache HTTPD 2.4.29 on the same machine.When I reach
> that website I am failing to get SSO working. The web server is not passing
> off the delegation credentials to Apache Tomcat server. I have the web
> server load balance proxying it's request to multiple Apache Tomcat
> instances. I have tried applying mody_proxy_http environment variables, but
> the site continues to fail SSO. Is there a guide or configuration that
> HTTPD and Apache Tomcat both use to involve Apache HTTPD passing off
> delegation credentials to Apache Tomcat?

If you would like someone here to be able to help you, you would need to be much more
  precise than that.  You write "I have done this" and "I have done that", but without
  giving any clue as to /how/ you did this or that.
You are not even saying /where/ you have configured the Kerberos SSO. Under the Apache
httpd front-end ? or under Tomcat ?

To point you nevertheless in a possible direction, read this :
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/windows-auth-howto.html#Apache_httpd
(and, in your mind, substitute "Windows authentication" by "Kerberos authentication")