tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James H. H. Lampert" <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Tomcat Manager weirdness on a Google Compute instance
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2018 17:32:31 GMT
(cross-posted to the gce-discussion Google group)

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I just experienced something very odd.

It seems that this morning, when I tried to upload a WAR file to the
prototype instance for one of my instance groups, I kept repeatedly
hitting a brick wall: as soon as the upload passed the 2% mark, it would
abort, and I'd get a "Connection reset" error page.

After some troubleshooting, following the Sherlock Holmes axiom (once
you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must
be true), I discovered that somehow, the "max-file-size" and
"max-request-size" in manager/WEB-INF/web.xml had reverted from our
standard setting of 500M, to the factory setting of 50M.

And I found that the same had happened with the prototype instance for
another instance group.

Can anybody shed any light on this? Some sort of automatic update?

--
JHHL