tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Igal Sapir <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Connection refused: connect
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2018 22:51:59 GMT
On 9/21/2018 12:45 PM, André Warnier (tomcat) wrote:
> Hi.
> Sorry, forget my answer below, I was probably talking nonsense here.
> The stack trace that you show does not even mention any Tomcat class,
> so the "connect" mentioned below probably has nothing to do with the
> HTTP CONNECT method.
> It looks like something in Eclipse itself, but since I do not know
> Eclipse (either), I don't have a clue.
>
> On 21.09.2018 17:06, André Warnier (tomcat) wrote:
>> On 21.09.2018 10:54, Karen Goh wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am repeatedly getting the following exceptions and am stuck here
>>> like forever.
>>>
>>> Hope someone can tell me what's wrong with my tomcat server version:
>>> 8.5.24 with Eclipse
>>>
>>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
>>>     at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
>>>     at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
>>>     at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
>>>     at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>     at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
>>>     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
>>>     at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
>>>     at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
>>>     at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
>>>     at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
>>>     at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
>>>     at
>>> org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.SocketTransportService$2.run(SocketTransportService.java:148)

>>>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It looks to me like Eclipse is trying to connect to Tomcat but fails.
If the connection is made over the network then a firewall might be
playing a role here.  If it's all done locally then Tomcat is not
listening on the host:port to which Eclipse is trying to connect.

Can you connect to that host:port with a browser?  e.g.
http://localhost:8080/ ?

Igal