tomcat-users mailing list archives

From premsudhan jaikumar <pjaiku...@lumesis.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 9 does not work with war file named along with revision number
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2018 14:20:36 GMT
Hello everyone,

Did some more digging into this issue am facing with various other tomcat versions and it
appears other than Tomcat version 7 all higher versions are having this behavior, I tried
with Tomcat8.0 , 8.5. & 9.0 and all has the same issue.

It throws the below error

SEVERE [http-nio-8080-exec-7] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.custom Exception
Processing ErrorPage[exceptionType=java.lang.Exception, location=/uncaughtException]
javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not resolve view with name 'uncaughtException' in servlet
with name 'dispatcher'

Any ideas, pointers to further investigate this? Appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

-Prem

From: premsudhan jaikumar
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 11:53 AM
To: 'users@tomcat.apache.org' <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Tomcat 9 does not work with war file named along with revision number

Hi
Am trying to deploy an application in Tomcat version 9.10,it has application war file name
like For Eg: app-name##r123.war file. And I can see its not recognizing the context path from
the exploded war. If I rename the war file name without revision number it works fine.

from Tomcat documentation I can see that this naming convention is supported - https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/config/http.html
however it doesn't seem to work.

The same war file works with Tomcat7 without any issues.Did anyone face this issue ?

-Prem