tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat Valve
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2018 16:43:30 GMT
On 24/08/18 17:36, Campbell, Lance wrote:
> I don't understand.  How does that help a valve running know that it is shutting down?
 At that point it would be too late.

The point is you don't need a valve to answer your question. Just look
at the last 9 entries in the access log.

Mark

> On 8/24/18, 11:06 AM, "Mark Thomas" <markt@apache.org> wrote:
>
>     On 24/08/18 16:52, Campbell, Lance wrote:
>     > Tomcat 9
>     > Use Case 1:  I want to store the last N number of URLs sent to Tomcat 9 application.
 Then if Tomcat shuts down I want to write out these last N number of URLs to the log file.
>     >
>     > Strategy:
>     > I figured I would use a valve to keep track of the last N number of URLs.  However
I don’t know how to tell when the valve is shutting down.