tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sandels Mark (RTH) OUH" <Mark.Sand...@ouh.nhs.uk>
Subject RE: Apache http / tomcat connectors - source code of web-page is displayed rather than web-page
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2018 07:43:58 GMT
Hi Olaf

The web-page displays correctly when I connect to Tomcat directly. I posted to the tomcat
users group as I havn't had any reply to my post to the Apache http user group!

In answer to your other question, I do refer to the <html>  and <body> elements.
The web-page embeds java (I have used NetBeans v8 to write the WAR application) within the
html and the complete web-page source is displayed including the java commands.

Kind regards
Mark

Mark Sandels |Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer|IM & T Services - Integration Services
Team |Manor House Annexe Room G22, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust , Headley Way, Headington,
Oxford OX3 9RR |Phone:  01865 (5) 72103 | Email: mark.sandels@ouh.nhs.uk NHS colleagues can
visit the OUH IM&T Services intranet site at http://ouhimt.oxnet.nhs.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: Olaf Kock [mailto:tomcat@olafkock.de]
Sent: 05 July 2018 08:31
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache http / tomcat connectors - source code of web-page is displayed rather
than web-page

On 05.07.2018 09:18, Sandels Mark (RTH) OUH wrote:
> When I go to my web-page using a browser (Chrome), the source code of the web-page is
displayed.  I have added the PFX Certificate to Trusted Root Certification Authorities on
my PC from which I launched Chrome.

> Here is the URL I am using - https://oxnetmdms04/OracleStatus/
>
> The oxnetmdms04 server is hosting Apache http (v. 2.4). I am also using Tomcat connectors
(Tomcat v 9.0.2) which http users to pass the browser request to a tomcat service.

There are only a handful of tomcat-related lines in the config you
posted - and those don't help too much. So far, it looks like you have a
question with regards to Apache httpd, not Apache Tomcat.

Check if you get the same result when you connect to Tomcat directly.

Also, just to make sure: When you're saying that you get the source
code, do you refer to the <html> and <body> elements that you see in
your text? Or do you only see the unstyled HTML text? Because you only
map "/servlet/*", "/*.jsp" and "/*.do" to your tomcat. In case those
documents reference some CSS and/or Javascript that lives in the same
webapplication, it won't be served by Apache, as it most likely wouldn't
match those URLs.