tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marek Czernek <mczer...@redhat.com>
Subject Documentation for Catalina Base
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2018 07:22:25 GMT
Hi there,

recently, we noticed the lack of documentation for Catalina Base, and I
wanted to find out more about it. Other than a strangely obscure txt
file [1], I did not find the concept and usage of Catalina Base
documented in the Tomcat docs.

My questions are:

1) Did I overlook it being documented somewhere?

2) If not, is there any reason for it not being documented? While I
don't want to duplicate text, I do not consider a txt file somewhere a
sufficient docs.

If the answer to both of my questions is no, we'll create a patch
against the Tomcat docs.

[1] https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/RUNNING.txt

Cheers,

--

Marek Czernek

JWS/JBCS Associate Quality Engineer, RHCA

Find me at www.halfastack.com