tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Babooram <David.Baboo...@digicelgroup.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.5.17 migration to 6.0.53
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2018 16:51:02 GMT
Hello

I have begun a migration from 5.5 to 6. Yes I know 6 is EOL but the migration from 5.5 to
6 has some more documentation compared to 5.5 to the latest version.

I followed the standard migration of libs and classes from /common /shared etc to the new
/lin directory for 6..

The server engine runs and I can see the examples web pages come up.

When I migrated my production webapps to the 6.0 instance however I get the following error.

HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving interface
method "javax.servlet.jsp.JspApplicationContext.getExpressionFactory()Ljavax/el/ExpressionFactory;"
the class loader (instance of org/apache/jasper/servlet/JasperLoader) of the current class,
org/apache/jsp/index_jsp, and the class loader (instance of org/apache/catalina/loader/StandardClassLoader)
for resolved class, javax/servlet/jsp/JspApplicationContext, have different Class objects
for the type javax/el/ExpressionFactory used in the signature

Any insight on this is welcomed..

I notice in that my app has its own lib directory, does this means that there is a conflict
with the lib files from the base directory ?

Notice of Confidentiality:

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential
or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents
of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then
delete it from your system.