tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Cleary <da...@progress.com>
Subject 21 second pause that randomly happens
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2018 12:55:16 GMT
We have a customer who is experiencing a random, 21 second pause when using out Tomcat based
application server. We believe this may be during a TCP connect and timeout. Logging indicates
the pause happens before the request makes it to our back end. It mostly happens when we create
an initial logical connection, but we have also seen it elsewhere where we believe the TCP
Keep alive was expired and a new socket had to be established. However, I do not know this
and am hoping there is some logging I can turn on in the NIO connector to collect more data.
I tried turning on logging in the Endpoint class, but that did not provide anything useful.
There is a NAT firewall between the client and server, so I'm looking for some TCP level logging
that could point me in the proper direction.

Thanks
David Cleary
Progress