tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alex O'Ree" <alexo...@apache.org>
Subject Requirements for servlet session attributes?
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2018 11:48:22 GMT
I was working on attempting to increase performance on a web app which
calls a jaxws service on behalf of the user. The process for creating the
jaxws client is somewhat slow so I was to try and cache the the jaxws
client object as an HTTP session attribute. It doesn't work for some reason.

What does work is attaching the jaxws client object to the application
context, however this isn't a feasible solution.

I vaguely recall running into a similar problem with performing the same
task in jboss which i think had the requirement for adding a @Serializable
annotation to anything added to the session object. Does tomcat require the
same?