tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Cheshire <yahoono...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: best practice for temporary file
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2018 14:36:02 GMT
James, this can be done using something like the following
configuration in your META-INF/context.xml (I use tomcat 8.5)

<Resources>
  <PreResources className="org.apache.catalina.webresources.DirResourceSet"
                base="${catalina.base}/cdn/ROOT/images"
                webAppMount="/images" />
</Resources>

I use this to serve files at /images because they are dynamic content
and not part of the war itself. Make sure the directory specified by
"base" has read and write permission by the tomcat user at the OS
level and then you can serve files with a uri starting with /images/.

HTH

Chris