tomcat-users mailing list archives

From D├ęsilets, Alain <Alain.Desil...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
Subject Re: Getting the Manager app running on localhost.. Please help
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2018 16:08:32 GMT
Thx for the reply.

> have you enabled all user roles with passwords? in CATALINA_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml
file?
> Also, don't forget to change
>  the passwords noted as "<must-be-changed>" with something "interesting".

Yes. As I mentioned in the first email of this thread, I have a file [CATALINA_HOME]/conf/tomcat-users.xml
with the following content:

   <role rolename="manager"/>
   <role rolename="manager-script"/>
   <role rolename="manager-gui"/>
   <user username="admin" password="admin" roles="manager,manager-script,manager-gui"/>

>    By default, it can only run on localhost, and it's configured to listen to
>    127.0.0.1 via the valve. If you uncomment the user role part and change the
>    password, you should be able to log in. i was able to start it by doing
>    above.

As I mentioned in the first email, when I tried it first with the above tomcat-users.xml file
and no manager.xml file, it didn't work. Server Status worked, Manager opened the page but
couldn't deploy a war file, and Host Manager gave me 403. This happened whether I accessed
the site as http://localhost:8080 or http://127.0.0.1:8080.

So for some reason or other, the default behaviour doesn't seem to work for me.

Note that I am using OSX.

Could this be due to some sort of proxy issue?

Thx again.

Alain