tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Cheshire <yahoono...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Weird problem: slow upload via Manager
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2018 17:49:00 GMT

> On Jul 6, 2018, at 12:56 PM, James H. H. Lampert <jamesl@touchtonecorp.com> wrote:
>
> Forgive the top-post.
>
> The reason why this particular case of an extremely slow Manager upload sticks out is
because we've done, by now, hundreds of uploads of this same WAR file (or earlier versions
of it), via Manager, on over a dozen different installations, most of them AS/400s, and none
of the others have taken even half this long.

The problem might be deeper than tomcat then.

Have you ruled out IO problems writing the WAR? Is the HD/SSD failing and trying to resolve
bad blocks? Is the network device failing causing dropped packets?

Has another process on the machine run amok and causing IO contention, or paging issues?