tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James H. H. Lampert" <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Weird problem: slow upload via Manager
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2018 23:23:22 GMT
Earlier this week, on a customer AS/400 installation (Tomcat 7.0.67), we
experienced the slowest WAR file upload we've ever encountered: several
HOURS to install a roughly 100M WAR file (we customarily increase the
max-file-size and max-request-size in manager/WEB-INF/web.xml from 50M
to 500M). This on a system in which a 10M FTP download typically takes
anywhere from 15 seconds to a minute or so.

Has anybody ever heard of anything like this happening? Could there be
something in the customer's firewall that's slowing down what Manager
uses to transfer WAR files (I'm guessing either HTTP POST or PUT)?

Any suggestions on alternate ways of getting WAR files onto the box?

--
James H. H. Lampert