tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Changing Sever.xml without restarting Tomcat 8.5
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2018 17:29:12 GMT
Hi -

This is the way that Tomcat is. You should think about your configuration. In these days of
cheap VMs why are you overloading so many web apps onto a single server? Are you able to create
a farm of servers? In other words have two or more? If so then you have a frontend load balancer
of some kind managing where requests go. If you do then you should carefully shutdown and
restart each server one at a time.

(I started following this type of approach since Tomcat 3.3 on multiple top level domains.)

Regards,
Dave