tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changing the packetSize in AJP connector causes 503 Internal Server Error in Tomcat 9
Date Thu, 03 May 2018 11:36:30 GMT
On 03/05/18 10:59, Andreas Bergander wrote:
> Thank's for investigating Mark!
>
> I think it's only possible to change the packet size in mod_jk, not in mod_proxy_ajp,
right?

Wrong.
ProxyIOBufferSize

Mark

> So either we need to switch to mod_jk or stick with a packet size of 8192.
>
> A bit strange though that it worked fine in Tomcat 8.5, maybe it adapted to httpd and
still used 8192 as a packet size even though we specified 65536 in Tomcat?

> /Andreas

size in the AJP connector. It seems like only the default value (8192) works now. If I set
it to anything greater than that I'll get 503 Internal Server Error when trying to access
a web page. It worked fine in 8.5 but now I get EOFExceptions in the AJP processor. Has anything
changed regarding the packet size? Should it still work with values greater than 8192?

>> It should work but I can confirm that it currently does not.
>> Investigating now...
>
> That was easy :)
>
> You need to remember to change the packet size to be exactly the same value on both Tomcat
and httpd.

> When I changed it just on Tomcat (to 20000), I saw 503 errors from httpd. Once I changed
them both to be 20000, everything worked as expected.