tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changing the packetSize in AJP connector causes 503 Internal Server Error in Tomcat 9
Date Thu, 03 May 2018 09:41:14 GMT
On 03/05/18 10:36, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 03/05/18 09:48, Andreas Bergander wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've upgrade from Tomcat 8.5 to 9.0.7 and I've got an issue regarding the packet
size in the AJP connector. It seems like only the default value (8192) works now. If I set
it to anything greater than that I'll get 503 Internal Server Error when trying to access
a web page. It worked fine in 8.5 but now I get EOFExceptions in the AJP processor. Has anything
changed regarding the packet size? Should it still work with values greater than 8192?

> It should work but I can confirm that it currently does not.
> Investigating now...

That was easy :)

You need to remember to change the packet size to be exactly the same
value on both Tomcat and httpd.

When I changed it just on Tomcat (to 20000), I saw 503 errors from
httpd. Once I changed them both to be 20000, everything worked as expected.

Mark